uPVC or Unplasticized Poly Vinyl Chloride has been a widely used window and door material, across the world, for more than 30 years. uPVC windows are known for their low maintenance and long lasting durability. Of late, uPVC doors and windows have become quite popular with Indian consumers as well.
Aluminium windows, on the other hand, have been present for a long time. They are used widely because of their diverse feature of combining aesthetics with performance.
In this blog, we will discuss uPVC and aluminium windows and give you an idea about the windows that are best suited for your home.
- Maintenance free – uPVC windows don’t require much maintenance. So, you can be free from the headache of painting and regular cleaning.
- Lightweight – They’re made of lightweight material which makes them easy to install and flexible to move.
- Thermal insulation –uPVC windows are built to protect your home from UV rays and outside heat.
- Fireproof – uPVC is self-extinguishing. This prevents the fire from spreading.
- Noise resistant – They’re built to keep out the sound and have a double-seal system that reduces noise by 30 – 40 dB.
- Strong and rust free– Strong and they don’t rust or corrode, which makes uPVC windows best choice for coastal areas.
- Security – uPVC windows have multi-point security locks which provide enhanced security to your home.
- Long lasting – They have a long lifespan and last easily last up for 25 to 30 years.
- Recyclable – Aluminium windows are recyclable, have a sustainable building material and are also eco-friendly.
- Durable – Both aluminium windows and doors are resistant to cracks and rust and last.
- Insulation – Although aluminium windows are strong. they’ve poor thermal insulation and high thermal conductivity which makes them a bad option for energy efficiency.
- Maintenance – If you are someone looking for a low -maintenance option, aluminium windows would not be a wise choice. Aluminium windows require regular maintenance as they tend to rattle in high winds and also the paint wears off with time.
- Corrosion – Aluminium windows can be suspectible to corrosion especially if your home is near the coastal areas.
We hope that this article has given you a better picture as to why uPVC windows are better suited for your home compared to aluminium windows. Visit https://aparnavenster.com/upvc-windows/ and explore more variety for trending style of uPVC windows for your home.